Define Supply Chain management?
Supply chain management (SCM) represents the entire range of activities starting from arranging raw materials for the producers to the distribution of final produce products. It is a process of planning, implementing, and controlling the operations of the supply chain as efficiently as possible.
Three important functions of supply chain are:
- Supply of raw materials to manufacturers
- The manufacturing process
- Distribution and Return Management.
Challenges for supply chain:
- Demand for fresh food
- Regional imbalance
- Nutrition and quality
- Policies like land acquisition
- Bringing the private sector
- Inviting the FDI.